Saturday, April 5, 2008

Everybody Loves the Raymonds


I realized I have no more excuses not to update the blog as the season has commenced. Here's to hoping I regularly update this once more.

Anywho, the Yankees are currently playing the Devil Rays. Apparently, I'm not supposed to call them that as they're now just the Rays. But, here's my issue with that: what is a Ray? To protest this, I'm going to continue calling them the Devil Rays. Scratch that, just to push the point even further, I'm going to call them the Tampa Bay Fallen Raymonds. Just because.

As we speak, said FR's are giving it pretty hard to the Yankees. Some people may see this as a sign of bigger things to come for said Fallen Raymonds. I don't know. They give it to us pretty hard on/off every year. Edwin Jackson's having his obligatory game where he pitches as well as his "stuff" would dictate. One down, maybe six or so to go and probably five of those will be against us. They've always had a very good lineup, but I still don't think their pitching is good enough to take them very far. Maybe I'm wrong.

As for the Yankees, I mostly like our roster this year. It could be better, but it could be worse. Our hitting's more or less the same and still good. I think our bullpen is better being younger. Our rotation's a little too young right now, but everyone knows that. But, as they say in baseball: you never know. I don't know who says that. Maybe I should've said as no one says in baseball. I digress.

Hopefully this will be the first of more than one post every several months. Until next time...

3 comments:

bmbooshay said...

I agree with calling the 'rays' The Tampa Bay Devil Rays. I do not particularly enjoy baseball; it seems boring and a lot of strategy rather than just playing the game. I care about the Devil Rays because they are a part of my home. They want to build a new field so it can be on the water. But they want to add dredge to the bay to extend the right field out onto the water. Can you believe that? DUMB. Anyways, I also heard they are going to build a new stadium for your Yankees. If I remember the last part of the game that I actually saw was 6-0 Rays? So they were kind of kicking the Yankee's butts. J/K of course, we always beat the Yankees once a year or more... we just suck ever other time.

Anonymous said...

Make sure to test your Fallen Ray logo for AIDS.

Cliff Lungaretti said...

OH EM GEE A POST!