Friday, December 14, 2007

Mitchell

I had nothing to blog yesterday regarding George Mitchell's Mystical Report of Fun(c). I had a Nihongo no Fainaru(I think that's how it was spelled on the test). That's more important than this silly report. Honestly, I have no feelings either way on the report. I don't think knowing that Chuck Knoblauch or Mo Vaughn possessed performance enhancing drugs does anything to help the game. I mean, I imagine Vaughn ate someone in response and Chuck probably threw something at a wall which landed in the 3rd row of the stands, but does anyone else actually care? Pretty much every current player on there I've heard fingered before, just flat out wasn't surprised by, or was named Paul Lo Duca and/or Nook Logan. For those curious, those last two have a combined career slugging percentage of .760, so maybe they should've worked on being combined into one person instead of trying, and apparently failing, at boosting their individual power strokes.

I guess the only player on there who I have any sort of sentimental attachment to is Andy Pettitte and I had heard him fingered before anywho. As is the case with anyone on the list, I don't personally know exactly what any of them did, but I'm not going to attempt to defend Andy. Asking myself honestly though if this changes my opinion of him or makes me think less, I can answer honestly not at all. I don't know what that's worth and I don't care to guide myself or anyone through the thought process, but I love Andy as much as I ever did.

On a final note, I'm certainly glad we know who has done steroids and didn't spend more time on trying to prevent its use in the future. Certainly sounds helpful to me.

3 comments:

Cliff Lungaretti said...

good to see this blog died

Cliff Lungaretti said...

what active?

Anonymous said...

time to get busy!